As a valued First U.S. member, we're here to do everything possible to help keep you in your home. If you are struggling to make your home loan payments, contact us first so that we can work together to find a solution that can help you avoid foreclosure.
The First Step : Contact First U.S.
Simply call us at (916) 576-5700 or (800) 556-6768. One of our helpful Member Service Representatives will put you through to an experienced First U.S. Mortgage Consultant – or ask for an appointment to speak face-to-face with a Mortgage Consultant.
- Have your most recent paystub and W2 handy. If you're self employed, you should have your most recent tax return available.
- Current bank and Credit Union statements (savings, checking, credit card, home loan, home equity, etc.) will need to be available as well.
- Finally, have a complete list of all your monthly obligations, including utilities and other home expenses in addition to total mortgage, installment and/or revolving debts.
Next Step : We'll Review Your Options
When you speak with your First U.S. Mortgage Consultant, we'll talk about how we can help you get back on track with a variety of options that may include:
- Repayment plans
- Refinancing the loan(s)
- Modifications to the interest rate or term of your loan or line of credit
- Debt consolidation
- Contacting a HUD (a U.S. government agency) certified counseling service
If you would like to speak to a HUD directly, call (800) 569-4287, or visit the HUD website for more information.